Sunday, May 1, 2011

Infinity

What is infinity?
Is it the answer to 4 divided by 0?
Is it in the graces and curves of our human bodies?
Is it love?

Is infinity mine to spend; to use?
Is infinity knowing that some kid died innocent, without any pain or loss?
Is infinity seeing the city lights at night, pride for your city swelling in your gut?
Is infinity a side ways 8?

Is family, together from their various abodes for the first time in years, infinite?
Is strutting your stuff, knowing everyone's watching and envious infinite?
Is feeling something infinite?
Is hearing the harmony of two flutes or violins infinite?

When I say goodbye forever, are we infinite?
When I say goodbye fornever, are we infinite?
When I take to those walls I've built so meticulously a wrecking ball, and let all of my tears, laughs, blood out, are we going to be infinite?
When I dance, pretending to be Bob Fosse, am I infinite?

When I look out the windows of the plane and see the sprawling city vista, will it be infinite?

Infinity is.
Exactly what, we have yet to discover.
But, that's an infinite quest.

No comments:

Post a Comment