Friday, September 9, 2011

Answers

It's a few days since you first occurred to me.
But it feels like an era.
Your eyes, crackling with chastity, lit up my heart and sped up my breath.
And when you look at me, my heart swells with euphoria.

It was a calm summers night.
I was standing alone on the beach, peering over the water kissed by moonlight.
My toes, bare, caressed each other through the
sand,
and a placid lapping of sea foam against my feet washed away my impurities.
I thought I saw a line in the sand.
Even under the water, this line was smoothly drawn, thick and graceful.
Then it hit me;
I saw your immaculate face in the sand, and it stole my breath.

The seas rumbled from their belly, and in a sudden, a speeding jet black wave of passion, rage, enamored obsession, inadequacy, lust, greed, rapture, and devotion hit me square in the face.
And I fell on my face.
For you.

When I woke up, you were there.
But you were innocent, naive, vulnerable to my fantastic fiery fervor.
And we looked each other in the eye, and smiled.
All was sweet infatuation.
All was blissful.

But when I woke
the sun had
dried the
wave
that was
left.
You were gone.
We were gone.

What did we leave behind?
A future?
Love?

Was there anything to begin with?

If only I had kissed you.
If only you wanted to kiss me.

Have you moved on?
Or were you never interested in the first place?

One day I'll go back at night.
To that serene sea.
My toes will touch the sand.
The foam will lap at my feet.
And I'll see you in the water, waiting for me.

For it seems to me, that you forgot all about me.

If so, why not start over?
My dear, my love.
Let us love, but rarely together.
And never in the light.






No comments:

Post a Comment