Wednesday, September 7, 2011

This One's For You

Now it's been some skies since I took your number.
The pen smudged a little on that scratch slip.
If not for that, where would I be.

You know the murky waters of my soul, my secrets, my sins.
You know how I've hurt others. You know who has hurt me.
Yet you still come bounding down the hall, yelling my name every morning.

I've showed you my biggest box, and you delighted at the contents.
You've set the bar much too high.
My voice lights up your face like a candle in the night.
Your voice ignites my soul and shoots me up to space.

Your Beatles shirts, our drunken sessions, and those radiant, brighter than light smiles that we give each other.
I could hug you for days; we would laugh for days, smile for years after.
Thinking of you gets me out of bed every morning, and makes me wish for hasty rest to see you the next day.
Gosh, I hope you feel the same.
Enamored with you, not I.  I'm bedazzled by you.

You know what I love, what I hate.
And you certainly know this, but just to remind you, my dear.
I

Love

You.

No comments:

Post a Comment