Sunday, September 18, 2011

Clean Blade

The last morsel of dessert was left on your plate.
And the air was laced with salacious gossip.
The one with the umber hair turned unsuspectingly.
Your eyes met, she mouthed a vague message.
You looked straight at me.

Before you got up from your velvet seat, you threw your flaxen hair
over your right shoulder, and that vermilion gown started to approach me.
You came bearing compliments galore; the strings started to play your favorite song,
but your concentration on me never broke.

Ankles crossed, lips upturned, and hands relaxed, you put me in a head lock, wrinkling my tuxedo, my pride.
But I won't be Anne Boleyn.
No, you won't creep into my bed tonight with a blood lust.
All these riches and luxuries I have gathered won't stop you.
Just remember.
At the end of the song, we both have blades, and mine is clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment